Updated Jan 2014
Hours: 10:00 AM – 10:00 PM Monday through Saturday 10:00 am- 7:30 PM Sunday
Prices: Unlimited Ride Wristbands $29.95 all Day or $19.95 after 5:00 pm
Location: Mall of America, Bloomington Minnesota
Coupons:Frequently available at local merchants such as Subway
Nickelodeon Universe is just one of the fun family attractions located at the Mall of America. The rides at this large indoor amusement park can be divided into three categories.
1. Thrill Rides
2. Family Rides
3. Junior Rides
There are also some extra attractions that are not included in the wristband. These include
1. Ropes Course – $6.00 – this course has added a huge slide for the kids to go down when they climb to the top – a great add that speeds up the whole process.
2. Moose Mountain Adventure Golf – $5.00
3. Flying Dutchman Ghostly Gangplank – $4.00
They can be added onto the wristband at the prices listed.
Thrill Rides at Nickelodeon Universe
Just because this amusement park is inside don’t be fooled. There are some great roller coasters and thrill rides. Nine rides are classified as thrill rides and they each have a minimum height requirement of 42” or 48.”
The Avatar Air Bender has riders swooping back and forth in a U shaped ride that reaches 70 feet. The cars riders are sitting in also spin randomly as the ride moves. Roller coaster lovers will not be disappointed. The Sponge Bob Square Pants Rock Bottom Plunge starts with an almost 90 degree drop; yes almost straight down. Other popular roller coasters include the Pepsi Orange Streak and Fairly Odd coaster. Less adventurous riders may want to start with the family roller coaster rides and work up to these thrill rides.
Family Rides at Nickelodeon Universe
The Log Chute is a very popular ride and many riders get very wet. There is a large hill at the end that can be a bit large and scary for the youngest guests. The family may want to get an overview of the entire park by riding on the Ferris Wheel before choosing what to do first. There is a traditional carousel for everyone to enjoy. The bumper cars are also very popular with all ages. For those families with young children they may want to try some of the rides specifically designed for smaller guests.
Junior Rides at Nickelodeon Universe
Smaller guests can take their first roller coaster ride on Back at the Barnyard with Otis. This is a family friendly coaster that goes fast, but doesn’t have any big hills or scary turns.
There are many other rides for these guests. Here is a short list:
• Backyardigans Swing Along
• Blues Skidoo – Similar to the Dumbo ride at Disney
• Balloon Race – Ride under a hot air balloon as you are lifted up
• Diego’s Rescue Rider – A bus that rotates vertically in a circle
• Pineapple Poppers – a bouncy house shaped like a pineapple
• Wonder Pets Flyboat – guests are lifted up 20 feet and bounced up and down
This indoor park makes the most of every season and Holiday – from turning off the lights on Halloween to having Santa Visit at Christmas the park makes the most of every holiday. Be sure to check back frequently for upcoming special events.
Tips and Tricks
Nickelodeon Universe can be a great way to spend some fun time with the family. Here are some ideas to make your next visit more fun:
1. If kids are old enough to stay up until 10 go to the park after 5:00 pm – there are fewer people, the wristbands are less expensive and the rides are just as much fun.
2. Bring cash – some of the vendors selling crafts and other items do not accept credit cards.
3. Bring a towel to dry off after riding the Log Chute – or ride this last. The park is inside and air conditioned so it can be cold if you are wet.
4. If kids are too young to stay up late come early in the day, before the crowds arrive.
5. Get a pet tag made with your name and cell number on it and put it on your child’s shoe. This will help park personnel find you if your child gets lost.
6. Go outside the park to eat in the mall. There is a bigger choice of food and the prices are less expensive.
7. Bathrooms are in the mall near each mall entrance. There are none in the park itself.
8. If you only have a short time to spend in the park and can go on a few rides purchase one of the point passes instead of a wristband.
Nickelodeon Universe is an extremely popular attraction for both tourists and locals. It is only one of the many fun family activities at the Mall of America and can be part of a larger exploration of the mall.
For the most current information on upcoming events at Nickelodeon Universe CLICK HERE
More Local Attractions
- Outdoor Winter Fun (thingstodowithkidsmn.com)
- Free Family Flicks at Mall of America (thingstodowithkidsmn.com)
If you found this information helpful, be sure to sign up for our weekly newsletter filled with information on upcoming events from around the Twin Cities. For only $4 per month you will get a list of family friendly activities as well as information on discounts and promotions.