Fall has arrived and winter is on the way so it is time to find some indoor fun.
Of course there are many fun outdoor fall festivals and holiday events in the next couple of months, but sometimes you just want to do something inside.
Here is a list of fun museums and indoor activities to keep you busy this fall.
- Minnesota Children’s Museum – This award winning museum is 4 stories of imagination and fun waiting for your family. They have 2 exhibit areas with traveling exhibits and 4 permanent exhibits. Take your kids for an afternoon of fun for only $8.95 per person.
- Bell Museum of Natural History – This museum is actually located on the University of Minnesota campus and has several floors of dioramas for kids to enjoy. There is also a hands-on room with items for kids to touch and play with. Cost is $6 for adults and $4 for kids or it is free on Sundays
- Baaken Museum of Electricity – This interesting museum allows kids to experiment with electricity and magnetism. The Frankenstein exhibit may be too scary for young kids, but it is in a separate room and can be skipped as necessary.
- Water Park of America – This water park is a great way to spend a day pretending it isn’t winter anymore. There is a play area for younger kids complete with water slides and a zero depth pool. Older kids will enjoy the body slides, wave pool and surfing. Prices vary by day.
- Bowling at Brunswick Zone
– This bowling alley has so much more than just bowling. It is worth stopping by to play a few frames of bowling and see the arcade games.
- Roller Skating – Kids love roller skating and the rinks in the area provide a fun and safe place to practice their skills. Most rinks will have music, food, arcade games and interactive games in the skating rink.
The Twin Cities are filled with family friendly museums, attractions and events. There are actually so many things to do a family could visit something different every day for a year and never go to the same attraction twice. These ideas are just the start, but they are some of the most popular in the area. I hope you find these ideas helpful.